Terms and Conditions
Full payment is required to secure the booking unless other individual arrangements have been made. Payment constitutes the client’s acceptance of these Terms and Conditions and our Policies.
Management will make every effort to ensure the property and the room(s) is available as booked. However management reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances which could include, but not be limited to, room upgrades, room changes, property changes or providing refunds.
To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate that most guest will respect the Stay Social property, atmosphere and vibe but the occasional slip up requires that we state the following conditions.
– Number of guests may not exceed the number stated on the confirmation notice or subsequently agreed in writing. Fees may apply for excess guests and anybody slipping in an extra guest or two may cause the property to not comply with other legal requirements. Guests may be asked to vacate immediately and no refund would be forthcoming.
-We know it could be great fun, and very social, but unapproved parties and functions are strictly prohibited. The normal prices are for accommodation use only and not commercial. Big shindigs cause extra wear and tear in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, scratches, dents and repairs etc. Any use contrary to this may result in additional payments and/or guests being asked to skedaddle!
– Damage, Breakages, Theft and Loss are the guest’s responsibility during their stay and must be reported and paid for upon request.
– Check-In and Check-Out times – Check-in is available from 3:00 p.m. Check-out time is 10:00 a.m. or later by prior arrangement only. Our cleaners need some time to prepare the property for the next groovy guests.
– The property should be left in a similar state to its condition upon arrival. Whilst we do have cleaners attending very regularly it is the guests responsibility to keep all communal areas in particular clean and tidy. This includes stacking and unstacking of the dishwasher. All guest food stuffs MUST be removed from the refrigerator upon departure – we don’t like science experiments in the fridge!
– Disturbance to our lovely neighbours, including excessive noise and out of key singing , is prohibited and may result in a visit from the constabulary and/or a cold night sleeping in your car.
– To assist with guest comfort and security there is digital video surveillance and recording of the outside of the property and the Sunroom with remote viewing ability. Please report any issues experienced to management for investigation.
– Credit Card details and Bonds – Credit Card details may be held by the booking system for a period of not more than seven (7) days after the guest leaves the property. Also some bookings and in particular groups and whole of property bookings may be required to pay a Bond. Both bond and credit card details may be debited to cover any additional costs incurred including but not limited to, any breakages, damage or excess cleaning requirements and extra guests beyond those declared.
– This online merchant is located in Australia.
– Pets of any sort are not allowed however of course at Stay Social we welcome guide and assistance animals. Don’t forget there are resident feathery pets hanging out in the Chook Shed. Come and give them a cuddle.
– Loss – Management and the owners take no responsibility for the guest’s personal property.
Minimum length of stays – The minimum normal weekend stay is two nights (Friday and Saturday nights). As Bendigo has such fantastic and popular events throughout the year, long weekends, festival weekends and special event weekends may have longer minimums. Mid week stays (Sunday to Thursday nights inclusive) the minimum stay is one night but additional linen and room cleaning surcharges may apply.
At Stay Social we encourage active means of transport such as walking and cycling and leaving the car at home. Stay Social provides shared bikes for guest use however guests use the bikes entirely at their own risk and management and the owners take no responsibility for bingles, injuries or bugs lodged in guest’s teeth (try to keep your mouth closed). Getting out in the fresh air and using pedal power is pretty awesome but please ensure the bikes are looked after and secure at all times as the guests are responsible for damage and loss.
We are pretty flexible – variances to some Terms and Conditions can be agreed to on a case-by-case basis but only by written arrangement in advance with management.
A confirmed booking can be changed provided that adequate notice is given to the Bookings Manager and the requested dates are available. REMEMBER – If for some reason you cannot use a confirmed booking, advise the Booking Manager immediately to discuss alternative arrangements – we do like to be as flexible as possible at Stay Social.
As Bendigo has such fantastic and popular events throughout the year, long weekends, festival weekends and special event weekends need to be changed, adjusted or cancelled no later than 28 days before arrival. If a cancellation is required after this time any refund is subject to the property being re-let.
Standard bookings need to be changed no later than 7 days prior to arrival unless approved otherwise.
Standard bookings need to be cancelled or refunded no later than 14 days prior to arrival unless approved otherwise.
It is our desire to accommodate you having the most enjoyable, social and fun time during your stay with us in Bendigo. Thus we will endeavor wherever possible to be flexible around any personal crisis with sensitivity while adhering to these policies and guidelines.
Refunds for pre-paid accommodation will only be made subject to the compliance with the above Cancellation Policy. In other situations a refund, less any processing and transaction costs, will be made if other guest will take over all or part of the allocated booking period. Any refund will therefore be proportionate to the amount paid by the replacement booking.
At Stay Social we are set-up perfectly to accommodate both the working traveller and the social tourist traveller. We want to be as flexible as possible in particular for the working traveller whose situation can change at very short notice outside of their control. Thus we will endeavour to be flexible in these circumstances and transfer or refund bookings, less any processing and transaction costs, up to the day of arrival for regular Stay Social stayers as long as the property still had rooms available at the time of the transfer / cancellation request.
If your booking does not meet the above criteria, transfers and refunds will be examined upon request to the Bookings Manager.
In general all refunds will be issued by way of credit card credit to the original card used for the purchase.